Which New Zealand Season To Do Your YWAM DTS
October 19, 2020 - January 1, 2030
Thinking about coming in July? These are some good reasons, that might peak your interest…
- typically, it’ll be a smaller school, so you get closer connections
- enjoy the New Zealand winter and beginning of spring; even in both winter and spring, there’s always something blooming
- New Zealand is dazzlingly GREEN and the cherry blossoms are incredible!
- FRESH kiwi fruits !! Its the right season
- good for cozy evenings: fires and board games are always good for fellowship
The last opportunity of the year is October. If you want to come then, some perks would be…
- It’s summertime! time to enjoy the sun, the waterfall, and the beach!
- if you are doing the Medical DTS, you could also continue with the School of Primary Health Care (SPHC)
- It sits at a good time in the year that will fit well with post-secondary school
- October is the only quarter that offers the Pilgrimage DTS
- as well as January, this school is often a big school too, so there are plenty of opportunities to meet a bunch of people from all over the world
- you get to experience holidays in New Zealand in a whole new way, whether it’s a Marine Reach Thanksgiving or a Kiwi Christmas
Like what you’ve read? Subscribe to receive content like this straight into your inbox.
“The GoPac Stream challenged me to broaden my view for the people around me, to step out of my comfort zone, and to expand the love that God has put inside of my heart, to love Him and others more.”
“The Justice Movement stream really opened my eyes to what justice looks like through the eyes of God. Justice is more than making wrong right, it’s walking in mercy and humility. Justice is bringing light and life to orphans, widows, immigrants, and hope to anyone who is oppressed.”
“Coming into prayer and passion I had so much passion and desires but did not know how to bring them to the feet of the Lord in prayer. Going through the journey of growing in prayer and discipline I was able to walk out with a passion and desire to take all that was on my heart to the foot of the cross in prayer. I found a love for that intimate time of prayer with the Lord in a way I haven’t known before!”
“In the Kingdom Come stream, we really focused on what the kingdom of God is and how to live that out on earth. The most impactful aspect of this was walking out a miraculous lifestyle and being in an intimate relationship with God, where you can expect miracles to happen.”
“SPHC was honestly one of the best experiences of my life so far. From the lecture phase to outreach, my mind was constantly blown by the endless stream of possibilities that become available when you combine practical medical care with the power of prayer. Also, getting to hike, ride in boats and in the back of trucks, and setting up clinics basically anywhere was quite the highlight for a city girl like me.”
“Doing a DTS and being part of the worship stream was absolutely life changing for me. God took me from a luke-warm, passive, prideful faith, to an authentic passionate relationship with Him. As he revealed His worthiness to me, I learned to let go of everything in this world and cling to Him; to allow myself to be undone in His presence.”
“I have just finished my Worship DTS at Marine Reach NZ.
When I signed up for the worship DTS I thought it was just about praising God. It’s about the role we play as worship leaders, it about how you lead the worship session, when to pray, and when and how you end. I recommend the Worship DTS to everyone who is inspired by the worship at your home church.”
“Before I attended my DTS, I believed that justice was an act of revenge. I had hate toward the perpetrators and love toward the victims. Being apart of the Justice Movement Stream has shown me the Father’s heart of justice, which actually demonstrates the endless love of the Father for both the victim and the perpetrator. Through this I learned that we should also carry that same love and forgiveness in our hearts.”
“Coming into DTS I already loved and had a heart for worship but over the course of the worship stream I discovered more and more who God was and what HE was and the impact worship has. Finishing DTS my love for God and my heart for worship is bigger than ever before and I found new and deeper intimacy with HIM.”
“At the beginning of the DTS I did not believe in the power of prayer neither did I believe that God even heard my prayers. By the end of it I had no doubt in my mind at all that we have a Father in heaven who always bends His ear to us when we speak and that when we pray in the name of Jesus miracles will be birthed by our words and God’s power.”