Which New Zealand Season To Do Your YWAM DTS
October 19, 2020 - January 1, 2030
Thinking about coming in July? These are some good reasons, that might peak your interest…
- typically, it’ll be a smaller school, so you get closer connections
- enjoy the New Zealand winter and beginning of spring; even in both winter and spring, there’s always something blooming
- New Zealand is dazzlingly GREEN and the cherry blossoms are incredible!
- FRESH kiwi fruits !! Its the right season
- good for cozy evenings: fires and board games are always good for fellowship
The last opportunity of the year is October. If you want to come then, some perks would be…
- It’s summertime! time to enjoy the sun, the waterfall, and the beach!
- if you are doing the Medical DTS, you could also continue with the School of Primary Health Care (SPHC)
- It sits at a good time in the year that will fit well with post-secondary school
- October is the only quarter that offers the Pilgrimage DTS
- as well as January, this school is often a big school too, so there are plenty of opportunities to meet a bunch of people from all over the world
- you get to experience holidays in New Zealand in a whole new way, whether it’s a Marine Reach Thanksgiving or a Kiwi Christmas
Like what you’ve read? Subscribe to receive content like this straight into your inbox.
“Before I did the Go Pacific DTS, I was expecting the Lord to do a lot of amazing things through me; and He did. However, I never expected Him to do so much work in my own heart. I drew a lot closer to God, experienced freedom, and I learned to believe in the ‘Jonas’ that He says I am. My relationship with God has become deeper and more serious, but at the same time it has become more fun and casual.”
“Prayer and Passion completely changed my outlook on the true power that prayer has. It had always been something that I knew worked and I did, but it was boring. Being a part of this stream gave me new understanding of how prayer is worship and fuels the power of heaven connecting with earth. It will move you to a place of praying out of your relationship with the Lord rather than giving him a list of things you want. You will gain a newfound intimacy with God as your prayer life is propelled.”
“SPHC was a transformational turning point in my faith walk where I learned to focus on others, serve, and honour others with my skills. Everything I learned in the course I put into practice to serve in the mission work that we were doing in Vanuatu. In changing me the Lord has changed my future and I walk with him and others in everything that I do.”
“Coming into prayer and passion I had so much passion and desires but did not know how to bring them to the feet of the Lord in prayer. Going through the journey of growing in prayer and discipline I was able to walk out with a passion and desire to take all that was on my heart to the foot of the cross in prayer. I found a love for that intimate time of prayer with the Lord in a way I haven’t known before!”
“I have just finished my Worship DTS at Marine Reach NZ.
When I signed up for the worship DTS I thought it was just about praising God. It’s about the role we play as worship leaders, it about how you lead the worship session, when to pray, and when and how you end. I recommend the Worship DTS to everyone who is inspired by the worship at your home church.”
“Our DTS was a time set apart to seek God’s face and encounter Him in a completely new way. During those five months, He realigned our heart and mind with His heart and His thoughts for us. We found that to love Him and to sit at the feet of Jesus is the only place we want to be and to live our lives from.”
“The GoPac Stream challenged me to broaden my view for the people around me, to step out of my comfort zone, and to expand the love that God has put inside of my heart, to love Him and others more.”
“For the first time in my life, God showed the revelation of his father-heart through the Cover-to-Cover Bible read and I can now say that I know that I am a Daughter of the King of Kings. So many things moved from my head to my heart through the teaching and reading, and I’m so thankful the Lord lead me into this stream!”
“The Pilgrimage DTS allowed me to take the time I needed to get to know God more and grow closer to Him while spending lots of time in His beautiful creation. God also used the hikes to challenge and encourage me to rely on Him more.”
“Before coming to DTS I had a fixed view on what it meant to be a follower of God. Being on the Wild Heart Stream completely demolished every box I put God in and taught me to have reverence for the Lord. I learned that God doesn’t want a slave, he wants a best friend, a daughter and a relationship.”