- This event has passed.
Medical Compassion DTS PLUS
October 19, 2020 - September 17, 2021
- Hands-on training in healthcare techniques & practices
- Learning to diagnose and treat common diseases
- Importance of nutrition rehabilitation and its impact on community health
- Addressing the issues of mother and child health
- Exposure to health structures of developing nations
- Supporting national healthcare providers through working alongside them
- Learning principles of international health and development
- The use of field diagnostic tools e.g. rapid malaria tests or hemoglobin test kits
- Instruction on the importance, strategy and implementation of immunizations
- Learning healthcare practices for areas with little or no access to regular healthcare
- Clinical field experience
- Instruction and practice of health education for a village environment
- Emergency first response training
“Coming into the medical compassion stream, I thought it would just be an addition to my medical experience. But after laying down my expectations I was able to grasp the essence of compassion through ministry, experiencing a new perspective on medicine. Choosing to serve in love, and taking the time to seek out and care for the one who need it most.”
“Before joining the Medical Compassion stream, it was hard for me to understand what total surrender looked like in my life. I realize now that it is not my own compassion that compels me to love and care for others, but rather, it is the Father’s heart through me. I realize now that He is the true Savior, and I am simply a vessel chosen to carry His love and mercy to those hurting around me.”
“Upon first coming to DTS, I had settled for a mundane and ordinary life. But over time, He has captured my heart and instilled in me a new passion for His purpose. This has given me confident hope that I am worthy of intentionally being part of the greater good.”
“The Medical Compassion DTS gave me a glimpse into the medical side or missions. The compassion part was what caught me. I saw that when we see with Jesus’ eyes of genuine compassion, we must get our hands dirty.”
“Medical Compassion DTS was a truly an incredible experience. Working in health centres, hospitals and pop-up clinics grew my interest in medicine and allowed me to practically show the love of God. For me, the most transformational aspect of my Med-Com DTS was the focus on compassion and its importance in achieving true holistic healing. This is an experience like no other!”
“The Medical Compassion DTS magnified my love for those in need. It stressed the importance of the power of prayer and how I can go to God in all the medical and daily situations in my life and the lives of those I minister to.”
24 October 2022
16 October 2023
DTS Lectures $3745 NZD
DTS Outreach $3495 NZD
Staff Assist $420 NZD
SPHC Lectures $4745 NZD
SPHC Outreach $4495 NZD
*NB: This cost breakdown only applies for the course beginning in October 2022.
Lecture phase: Meals, Accommodation, Tuition, School Outings, Stream Activities
Outreach phase: Flights, Transport, Accommodation, Meals, Visas
Please check with us before booking air tickets as dates are subject to change.
*Please note: All costs outlined here are conditional on full participation in each of the DTS Lectures, DTS Outreach, Staff Assist, SPHC Lectures, and SPHC Outreach.
20-24 credits will be earned upon successful completion of the School of Primary Health Care Lecture Phase (CNH 261) and Field Assignment (CNH 262). These credits may be applied to a U of N degree and have been accepted at some other colleges and universities.