Prayer & Passion DTS
July 20, 2020 - January 1, 2022
- Deepening our relationship with God, aligning our hearts with His, understanding prayer and intercession, and being equipped to live it as a lifestyle
- Intimacy with God. What does it look like to make Him our first love?
- Allowing our hearts to burn with passion for Jesus and for seeing His Kingdom come to earth
- What is prayer and what is intercession? Are they the same thing? What are the differences?
- How is intimacy a crucial key to intercession?
- Taking a look at this question: Do you actually believe that our prayers can bring about a change in our lives, cities, and world?
- Being a friend of God. How can we cultivate intimacy with God?
- Emphasis on our relationship with the Father, Jesus, and Holy Spirit
- What role does intimacy with God have in our prayer life?
- How does intimacy with God lead to a revelation of our own identity?
- Spending time simply listening to God
- Asking Him questions
- Not only listening to Holy Spirit but actually responding to what He says
- What is fasting and why do we fast? Is it really that essential to prayer? What’s the connection? How do you fast?
- What does it really look like to have a life style of prayer and fasting?
- Learn about the power and effectiveness when prayer is combined with fasting
- Human trafficking. Child soldiers. Terrorism. The list can go on and on and on. But what can we as the body of Christ do to fight injustice?
- How do we deal with the discouragement that comes when prayers are seemingly unanswered?
- Looking at examples in Scripture that affirm the effectiveness and necessity of persevering prayer
- Spend some time researching various injustices currently happening in the world
- As a stream we will take some time to intercede on behalf of these issues
- Recognize the power that comes with allowing God to transform our minds
- How can we allow God to replace our own way of thinking and perceiving with God’s way of thinking?
- Distinguishing truth from lies and making the choice to embrace the new creation and live out of our identity in Christ
- Why pray Scripture?
- The Bible is full of prayers! We’ll be taking a look at many of these examples throughout the Word
- Emphasis on the importance of memorizing scripture; when you know it, it will naturally flow through your prayers
- What is spiritual warfare and why is it important?
- Personal battlegrounds (our mind, words, attitudes, etc.)
- What are the weapons we have that we can use?
- Various types of corporate warfare: worship, prayer walking, declaration, etc.
- A Bible study on the book of Hebrews throughout the lecture phase portion of the DTS
- We will also be joining with other ministries in the city of Tauranga at least twice a month for either a time of worship and intercession, or for community helps.
“Coming into prayer and passion I had so much passion and desires but did not know how to bring them to the feet of the Lord in prayer. Going through the journey of growing in prayer and discipline I was able to walk out with a passion and desire to take all that was on my heart to the foot of the cross in prayer. I found a love for that intimate time of prayer with the Lord in a way I haven’t known before!”
“Prayer and Passion completely changed my outlook on the true power that prayer has. It had always been something that I knew worked and I did, but it was boring. Being a part of this stream gave me new understanding of how prayer is worship and fuels the power of heaven connecting with earth. It will move you to a place of praying out of your relationship with the Lord rather than giving him a list of things you want. You will gain a newfound intimacy with God as your prayer life is propelled.”
“At the beginning of the DTS I did not believe in the power of prayer neither did I believe that God even heard my prayers. By the end of it I had no doubt in my mind at all that we have a Father in heaven who always bends His ear to us when we speak and that when we pray in the name of Jesus miracles will be birthed by our words and God’s power.”
“Through prayer and passion stream, I was able to see how prayer could be a place of so much intimacy with God. Finding my secret place with Him allowed me to fall in love again with His beauty and goodness. At the same time, God revealed to me the secrets of His heart- how He saw me and how He saw the world. It’s such a privilege to know that there’s a big God up there who trust us and partners with us to bring the kingdom of heaven down on to earth through our prayers!!! And never once did He let me down.”
“Our DTS was a time set apart to seek God’s face and encounter Him in a completely new way. During those five months, He realigned our heart and mind with His heart and His thoughts for us. We found that to love Him and to sit at the feet of Jesus is the only place we want to be and to live our lives from.”
18 Jan 2021
19 July 2021
17 Jan 2022
Lectures $5495 NZD
Outreach $4495 NZD
Lecture phase: Meals, Accommodation, Tuition, School Outings, Stream Activities
Outreach phase: Flights, Transport, Accommodation, Meals, Visas
Please check with us before booking air tickets.
Scholarships Available. Enquire Now!